Friday, August 23, 2024

Caught up (in a stupid website)

Just wanted to drop a quick note over here to say that I FINALLY have everything photographed and put up on both of the blogs.    You can check out the numbers on the stupid movie 'summary' page and peruse the collections and checklists on the dedicated stupid movie blog.

At the current moment, I have deleted ALL of my eBay searches that pertained to DVDs and have NO desire to increase the size of my collection.   At least not for right now.   I still need to get the older sets photographed, 'audited' to see which movies were unique at the time I purchased the collection, and a new checklist created per the standard I set up earlier this year.  It'll be a fair bit of work (looks like I have 64 collections to 're-do'), but, it's something I kind of enjoy.  Kind of.  Maybe someday I'll start watching some of these movies.  Isn't that an idea!

But, I think I'm going to go back to collecting all of the Hot 100 singles that came out in the year 1972.   I've been going through the weekly lists and I think I'm up to the last week of May 1972.  I also did a few weeks in October.  So with all that, I'm sitting at 482 songs.   I'm guessing that the total count will be in the 700 to 800 range.  With each new week, there are usually another 10 or so songs that I need to add.  I have 29 weeks left to do, so that's approximately another 290 songs to collect.  An of course, since I'm a little bit on the particular side, I do go out on Discogs.com and look at what the running time was for the single that was released in 1972.  I've only had a few trip me up, such as the single edit of Sugaree by Jerry Garcia of Grateful Dead fame.  You would think that with all those crazy fans that collect EVERYTHING that the single edit would have been readily available somewhere out on the web.  I ended up having to search for a few months before I found someone with a copy of it.   Another one was a B.B. King single.  I could only find the album edit which was like 40 seconds longer, but again, eventually it turned up.

Anyhoo.  I hope all is well with whomever is reading this.  Financially, I'm getting whooped, but I'm certain somehow it's gonna work out.  

Take care!




No comments: