Sunday, April 14, 2024

A million stupid movies can't be wrong!

 Hello.   It's me again.   Back with more movie stupidity.   Today's title is a play on the 'A 1,000,000 Elvis fans can't be wrong'.  And that is what mostly started the latest flood of stupidity. Well that and a continuation of my back issue. (My back got better, then the right side started hurting.  Then it got better.  And now my whole lower back aches.  Getting old sucks.)

Anyways......  I bought that 20 Action Movies pack when my back was out.  So of course I started perusing the evil eBay for other 20 action movie pack that I could get on the cheap.  I found a couple more, both with very generic names, both from Echo Bridge.  One is called 20 Action Movies and has Chuck Norris on the cover and contains a few movies with Chuck.  The other is called 20 Film Action and contains Supercop by Jackie Chan (more on that later).

Then one evening the wife and I were done with watching the people we subscribe to on YouTube and she was flipping around trying to find something to watch when I joked that we could watch one of the Elvis movies that I had (since the wife and I have watched a couple of them back in the day when I had bought some Elvis VHS tapes from Big Lots I believe.  While she didn't bite that evening, we can into the same problem the next evening when she said 'Go get an Elvis movie.  So we watched Kissin' Cousin.  I enjoyed it, she tolerated it.  But of course that got the wheels going and I started looking at what Elvis collections were out there on the cheap.  After assessing what I had (two 4 movie compilations and copies of Kid Galahad and Viva Los Vegas), I went out and purchased a trio of collections that leave me with 27 out of the 31 movies that Elvis made (excluding the concert movies).  I picked up a collection called Elvis 75th Birthday collection which had 7 movies from MGM and 20th Century Fox, a collection called Lights! Camera! Elvis! which featured 8 Paramount movies, and an Elvis triple feature collection with 3 Warner Brothers movies.  That left me with 4 that I still need to get.  Three of them are on my Amazon list and a fairly readily available.  The last one I need is Loving You but this seems to only be available on a couple long out of print and expensive DVD sets.  I'll have to figure that one out.

And of course, that kept the wheels spinning on the stupid movie train.  I then wondered if there were any other Maverick titles that were interesting that weren't on my radar.  I found one called Babes & Boyz.  One company called Dream Books Company had it on the cheap and was running a buy two get one free sale.  They had been on my radar about a year ago when I was getting things from that other company (Second Sale) while had botched a few of my orders by not including all the discs, so I was a little wary.  However, things looked a little better so I figured I'd give them a shot.  I managed to find a couple of western 4 Movie Marathon sets (James Stewart Westerns and Classic Western Collection (feat. the movie The Texas Rangers) that were on my Amazon list which was awesome.  For for $9.50 I picked them up.  And I was very happy with that purchase.  All of them items were in good condition and had all the discs.  One was still shrink-wrapped!

And the train kept rolling and I was looking at my Amazon list and a had a few Jackie Chan collections still on there from Christmas time.  So I perused eBay and found a cheap copy of an eight movie collection of Jackie Chan Miramax movies.

I have my eye on a Cannon Films collection featuring a few more Chuck Norris movies.  It's an actual auction, so I'm hoping I win that one.  

I guess we'll see.   

Hope all is well with you (whomever is reading this... probably no one but me :P ).  Take care!



No comments: