Friday, November 16, 2001

Someone please kill me now. I am sitting here at work and coughing every 20 seconds. I must be driving everybody else nuts... cause Lord knows I'm driving myself nuts.

Don't you hate impossibilities? I know I do. I am stuck here working on a problem that seems impossible. With that attitude I guess I am already defeated. But what I am working on is insane. Think of it this way: Take the music of Dokken, Fiona Apple and Snoop Doggy Dogg and break them down into their musical elements of instruments and the notes those instruments play. Now, write an application that looks at all those pieces and can successfully shuffle all the pieces from each one of those songs around and make the noise that comes out sound something like Dave Brubeck. That's what I am faced with. And the people where I work are convinced it can be done. And I am convinced this is something that is going to be far more difficult to do. There is no magical application that can do this. There is no silver bullet. There is no end to pi, you fuckin' morons.

-cough-
20 seconds
-cough-
20 seconds
-cough-

Now, I understand that the medication I am on is going to fuck with me, not that I need any help, my Id does quite well on its own of doing this. But I am feelin' under the weather, shitty, tired and all that jazz... and I am a bit on the sarcastic and pessimistic side as well. Where does that put me??? In the middle of hell.

---------Darrin

No comments: