Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Finished - War of the Worlds

Not bad. I first heard about War of the Worlds from a 2 volume cassette 'Old Time Radio' version of the original Orson Welles broadcast that freaked out the nation that I got from SuperX for 20 cents (10 cents per cassette) from a clearance bin. I was 9 or 10 I think when I got them. When I first listened to them, I realized that it was a radio show from a long time ago, but was still kinda freaked out a little bit because of the screaming and whatnot. Funnily enough, if you asked me right now what occurred in the radio broadcast, I wouldn't be able to tell you. If you want to know, go download War of the Worlds from archive.org.

Anyhow, just wanted to say I enjoyed the book quite a bit. There were some passages where I was going 'oh c'mon and move along already' but there were also sections that a steadily ripped through with a 'what in the hell is gonna happen next' anticipation. I'm easily amused, so other may read it and say 'feh!' but bollocks to you 'cause I enjoyed it.

No comments: