Friday, November 16, 2001

Did I mention that I hate being sick? I went to the doctor yesterday cause my throat was a little sore. I figured about anything could go wrong with me at this point. And I was right. Seems I have a sinus infection as well. Gotta love it.

I returned to work today, only to be referred to as 'Pinky'. In my head, I assume they are talking about the mouse and accept it. Narf! Maybe I'll take over the world someday.

And what the hell was Steve Bellisari thinking? Obviously he was thinking 'Hey! -hiccup- I can make it home before the cops catch me.' **Screeeeeech!!!** That's right buddy. Pull attention to yourself. And run that stop sign while you're at it. I'm getting blamed for this at work as well. Seems that for the the two Saturdays I was gone, the Buckeyes were showing a little glint of actually being a decent football team. Then I return from my cruise, sans luggage but with conjunctivitis and sinus infection and the whole thing goes to hell in a handbasket. Somehow, this whole thing is my fault. Can't quite figure that one out, but I do have to admit that the coincidence of it all is damning evidence.

And other thing, I think Portishead (not PorpoiseHead) is pretty darn cool. I had a few MP3s from the 'Dummy' album playing the other day... and it's just good stuff. Another band that I like that is very similar to this is Comet 9. Now, as far as I know, they only put out one album called 'Like Mercury'. I got it out of the 99 cent bin at Singing Dog. It had all this weird aeronautical diagram stuff going on so I figured that the music would be decent... and it was.

I think the decongestants they had me on are making me a little bit loopy. Not happy loopy, just loopy. And my head still hurts. Oh well.

I was going to mention something else, but I can't think of that right now. Stream of conscious is a bitch sometimes.

And I hope Ian does write that cool-ass album he was talking about. I know the whole creative slump thing all too well. My creative output outside of DevilCake is almost non-existent. Only recently have I been picking up my guitar and noodling around. I contemplated doing a concept album called 'Peddletones' where that would be mainly what I was incorporating throughout the whole album. (If you don't know what a peddletone is, ask Ian) But then I thought, GOD that would probably be AWFUL.

Hmm... ambient. Ian sent me an example of ambient music. Something by Mr. Fripp. Honest too goodness, I don't know the difference between ambient and new age. Maybe there is no difference. Maybe they are one in the same or one of them is a sub-group of the other. All I know is after listening to that, that my ambient album is NOT ambient. I guess you can chalk it up as 'experimental' or something totally non-descriptive, but I guess that's what it is. You might see it coming out on Bizarre Depictions... then again maybe not. It's an awfully hard listen. Should only be taken in small doses. Two songs at a time at the max.

Well, I don't want to be late getting back to work. I can't stand having to work in that hole past 5 pm, especially when I am bored off my gourd.

L8r dudes!

----------------Darrin

No comments: