Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Take that, X-37B

At 8:30pm, I finally managed to nab a glimpse of the X-37B last night. Probably got to watch it for a good 2 minutes. The Int'l Designator for the X-37B is 2010-015A.

Yeah, watched that lil' white dot go straight overhead.

I don't know why I find spotting these little things so much. Probably because it's like a treasure hunt. You have to search the sky for them; looking at all those stars until you finally see something moving.

Up next, maybe I'll try to get a glimpse of one of the Lacrosse satellites. I should have seen Lacrosse4 the other night, but somehow missed it. Maybe the National Reconnaissance Office did something to cloak it!!! It is one of their little children after all. And, if you read up on Lacrosse 4's brother - Lacrosse 5 - this particular satellite actually has a 'disappearing trick'. Hmmmmmmm.



-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Updated June 21 2011 to put the sightings in my standard template format

Here's the time-line of this evening:
Date: 15-Sep-2010 Wednesday


8:29 PM - Name: X-37B OTV-1 (aka USA 212) - Magnitude: 2.3
Int'l Designator: 2010-015-A

No comments: