Monday, March 08, 2010

your monthly update... n stuff

Had a good weekend. The parents came up on Friday so the Mrs and I got to tool around town. We first went and got a family membership at the Y. I need to get my butt in shape! Then we ate lunch at the Montgomery Inn in Dublin. It was teh suxorz. As my wife best put it, everything was drowned in sauce. You couldn't taste the meat if you tried. My hoagie sandwich was on a fairly blah bun. The cole slaw sucked. The Mrs is from Cinci so she's a M.I. veteran, but she was disappointed. ... so after the sucky lunch, we went looking for a dining table. The $150 set that I got when I first moved into my townhome back in 1997 is getting a bit bobbly all around. We went to Value City, but they didn't really have what we were looking for. We then went to Dinette Gallery which is where we should have gone in the first place. We know what we want and we now have a good idea how much we need to budget in order to purchase it. Yay! After that, we went to one of the few remaining Friendly's up on the E side of 161.

Then Sunday we headed back to my hometown and sent to my uncle's 90th birthday. Got to see some of the family which was nice. The kiddos only lasted about an hour, which honestly is what we expected.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The previous weekened (or was it the weekend before last... i don't remember anymore) the wife went to Cinci for the Feb birthdays so I got a 'pass'. I stayed home and flipped between a Science Channel marathon on the technologies of the Apollo moon missions and a Anthony Bourdain No Reservations marathon on the Travel Channel. I also put togeter a set of kitchen cabinets that we purchased to help get a little more space in the kitched. (It's techincally a kitchen island on wheels.... but we left off the wheels and pushed it against the wall)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The wife and I have been catching a few more Redbox movies as of late...

Couples Retreat - It was alright. Lots of bikini shots for me. But the guys in the movie were 'meh' so the wife didn't get much to look at. Glad we didn't pay to see it in the theaters.

The Hangover - I was really expecting this to be a split your side the whole way through kinda movie (like I was expecting for Napolean Dynamite). Alas that was not the case. There were a few times that I laughed heartily, but nowhere near the number of laughs that were expected. The wife laughed more than I did, which I found amusing since it was mostly 'guy humor' which in general she has an 'I don't get it' attitude towards. Again, glad we didn't pay to see it in the theater.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I FINALLY finished listening to all the MP3 CDs. Grand totals:
39294 songs
2474 hours 5 minutes 0 seconds.

I found it amusing that after all that it came out to an even minutes cound (ie, no 'stray' seconds).

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=


Yeah, I'm drawing a blank. The kids are great. Nothing very ha-ha to mention (that I can think of at the moment).

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

No comments: