Monday, June 23, 2008

Painter for hire

Spent much of this weekend painting my daughter's soon-to-be new room. I just want the thing done now. Originally I was going to wait for my sister and her husband to come up and paint... but then I thought 'I painted her first room, the nursery, so I should also paint her new room'. So M went to Cinci Friday and Saturday, so I got a late start on Friday due to procrastination... went to bed at like 1am... then worked a few hours on Saturday. Sucks when you have to wait like 3 or 4 hours between coats. Grr. So all I got done was putting on the primer and then painting the base boards. Once I get the the walls done, then things will move really fast since at that point it's just about putting together the crib and her dressers. I don't mind the sauder furniture stuff. They used to really really be a pain to put together, but they've made great advances, so it's pretty easy to do.

Had some friends from back home come up on Sunday. I don't think I had seen them since N was like 3 months old... so it's been a while. Their daughter is about a month older than N so they managed to amuse each other, though N was a little bit shy. She's been doing that alot as of late. That whole stranger anxiety thing is kicking in. By then end of the day though, she of course cried when they had to go. They just don't understand things like 'we'll see them again soon'.

I forgot to mention that my Canon SureShot A75 finally croaked on the CCD harness. There was a problem that affected a bazillion or so cameras back in 2005 (which was 1 year after I had originally bought mine). There was a piece which connected the CCD to something which wasn't manufactured correctly, so after a while, it would just stop working... aka, no more taking pictures. Well, I was taking a blizzard of photos of N the other day and then the screen went blank. I knew exactly what it was. I was concerned that Canon wouldn't fix it for free as they did back in 2005. I was also concerned that they would replace it with a new camera, which I really didn't want since I like the one I have now since it's fairly light and takes decent pictures and I know most of its tricks. But, it turned out they would fix my current one. When I finally sent it in, I was concerned that it was going to take them more than a month to fix it which wouldn't be in time for N b-day... but about a week later, they had it fixed and shipped it back. Works like I a champ. Thank you Canon for fixing a problem correctly.

I started a blog the other day to track what I'm eating since I've gained about 10 lbs and my pants are starting to not fit as well. Did you know that an Admiral's Feast at Red Lobster is 1060 calories. Neither did I. Egads. And those stupid tasty cheddar buiscuts are something like 230 cal eat. Realizing what one is eating sucks. But, if I have any hope of losing any weight... it is a necessary evil to understand what I am eating.


Um... not much else.

1 comment:

Bald Man Tom said...

Good luck with the food-blog. I know it was very useful for me when I did it. Come to think of it, I should probably start it back up...