Sunday, January 27, 2008

New Stuff

I've been working like a dog lately. At least the end is a mere 3 weeks away. Ugh. I'm on multiple projects at the moment, but of course, the scheduling assumes that I'm 100% for each one of those... so at the moment, I'm hopelessly behind and really have no chance of catching up without pulling in a few more people. Hence, why I'm working on a Sunday. This sucks.

In better news, I ran across a coupon where I was able to get a free 2GB Flash Drive. The coupon / promo ended today. I'd been eyeballing a new flash drive es since the free on Todd gave me was only a 64 MB one. Honestly, I've never needed much more than that, but there were a few times where I was needing to tote some ISO images and couldn't, so... now I can... as long as they are CD ISOs.

Since I wasn't sure of the validity of the coupon in hand, I wandered around the store looking for something cheep so I wouldn't end up at the counter with just the flash drive and nothing else. I'm weird like that. Anyhoo... I wandered over to the DVD section which always has some interesting DVDs on sale. I almost picked up Kill Bill Vol 2, new, for $6.50. But I put that back. And scanned the DVDs some more. One thing I have a weakness for is the 50 Movie Packs that are usually around $20.00 and contain 50 movies on 12 DVDs. They are usually horrible movies that either can be bought uber cheep or are 'public domain'. Anyhoo... I picked up a couple of them, but they were all full price. One that I had been eyeing for a while was '50 Musical Classics'. I had done a little bit of research on it and decided that I wasn't going to pay anywhere near the $20 retail for it since it wasn't really the kind of musicals I was thinking about (Easter Parade, Meet Me In St. Louis, etc). It's more like Rock, Rock, Rock will Bill Haley, old soundies with Duke Ellington, and the like.

Anyhoo. As I was just about the leave the section, I noticed another set of 'sale' items... in front of the 50 Musicals Movie Pack. No way was it on sale. They never are. Until today. Yay! It was $8.18. That's what I'm talking about yo! So now I have a 2GB flash drive (free) and the 50 Musical DVD set for less than what I have in my toy budget. Gotta love that.

I've also been reading David Carradine's book "The Kill Bill Diary"... which he wrote while making the movie. It was pretty cool. Much better than "Endless Highway" which I didn't give much of a chance since it didn't go into much detail about any of the Corman movies he was in, which is all I really cared about. I finished it up last night and, like I said, I liked it pretty much. Now I want to see the movie so I can put into visuals some of the things that David described.

Well, gotta cut this one short... the process I was waiting for finished. Later!

No comments: