Monday, October 29, 2001

Buenos Dias! Como Estas? Beuno? Muy Bien. Yo? No muy bien. Mi cabesa es malo.
Translation: Good day. How are you? Good? That's good. Me? Not very good. My head hurts.

Why does my head hurt, you ask? Okay, you didn't ask, so shut the fuck up and I'm going to tell you anyways. Why does the world always have to revolve around you? Sheesh! Fuckin' introvert. Anyways, my head hurts 'cause I had leaves in my yard. LOTS of them. So, on Sunday, from 10am till 6:30pm, I was out there blowing and mulching leaves. Wee! So of course, I have to wake up today with a headache, and it never went away. And it still hasn't gone away either. The light in the den is making my head throb, but I need to get my bills paid and that requires me to be online. I took a half day off work which I really didn't want to do, but oh well (oh hell). I slept from noon till 4pm. Then I woke up, finished mulching the rest of the leaves and mowed the lawn for what I hope is the last time. I figure that once it's November, the lawnmower is left to hibernate until around April when things start coming back to life.

Saturday was the 'All-Day Devilcake Party'. Ok, not really. The doors opened up at 8am (for fear of MCBD leaving a pile o dung on my porch). I laid there an listened to Anthrax and Leatherwolf till Todd arrived at around 9am. I think Gourley showed up next, then Ian, then Mike Chuck Bill Douglas around 10:30ish if I recall correct. We then piled into the cars to head off to Media Play. MCBD had broken a string at the last practice and if I was going to play his guitar, it was going to need a new B string (I think that's the one that broke.) I bought a Nuclear Assault cassette for 99 cents and the CD remaster of King Diamond's "Them". I don't know why I love that album so much. I think because it was more extreme than anything I was listening to at the time and it was a concept album to boot. KD and Merciful Fate rule (though I only own one album, that being "Them". I had a copy of KD's Conspiracy, but I haven't listened to that in a long time. Maybe later.

Back to the 'All-Day Devilcake Party'... it was at Media Play that I learned both Mikes had to leave at 2pm. Wha??? Yeah, that's what I said. We needed to record Gourley's solo album and I knew it was almost noon. DOH! So we left there, got back to my place and went straight downstairs and did our thing. It was amusing to say the least, me playing guitar and all. The first song was done in three takes, which meant my arm was already half gone. I bitched. I'm a big whiner sometimes. I like bar chords, but I can't play them for long periods of time. My arm cramps up and it feels like I have shin-splints in my forearm after a while. Well, we got two more songs recorded. I am sure that the last one had to suck badly. I barely could hear myself so I am sure that it stunk pretty bad. But it's punk. It all stunk. Don't read to much into it. I love punk. But punk was never about being musically adept, not that some punkers aren't good musicians, I'm just saying that it wasn't a pre-requisite. There's a big difference between of musicianship between The Sex Pistols and King Crimson.

Speaking of King Crimson, DC is going to be in the third row. Where the hell are you? BTW, as I am writing this blog, I am listening to the gargantuan MP3 King Crimson CD that Ian put together to prime us all. I have 3 albums, but they are not in heavy rotation, so I need to get boned up on all the shit that I might get to hear... get the ears ready for sudden time changes and shit like that.

So after the Mikes left, all that was left was me, Ian and Todd. I can't remember what the hell we did after that. At some point we all were hungry since we skipped lunch to record Gourley's album, so we headed off to eat. But first we went to a place called Giant Book Sale. That's the name of the place. It's on Sawmill and 161 where HomePlace used to be. After we went there, then we went to Chipotle... pronounced Chee-pote-lay, not Chi-pot-l, dumbass. Next time don't say it like an American you schmuck. So I got this fuckin mondo burrito for like 5.25. Fuckin awesome. This is a good replacement for the LaBamba's on campus. Now, when I get that hankerin' for a fuckin' huge burrito, I don't have to fret... it's just a five minute drive away. It sounds really fucking good right now since my dinner was for shit, but it's 10pm and they are closed and if I ate it now, I would gain 10 pounds overnight and that would not be good. But to reiterate, the burritos at Chipotle's fuckin rule.

The we went back to my house and ate and watched this British DVD that Ian brought back from England on a TV series called Alan Partridge or something like that. I am not one for most British humor, but this was okay. The cute little cleaning-girl/ receptionist chick was cute enough to get me through the 3 episode we watch. Then Ian an Todd left and the rest of the day was a blur.

Well, I've babbled long enough to make my own self go brain dead (the headache is almost gone) and so I shall stop torturing you. Till next time...


No comments: