Friday, February 06, 2009

Early Feb updates

Just some random notes and thoughts

=-=-=-=-=-

Finally finished up the second DVD of Prog Rock MP3s. Luckily, the best was the last of that I had to listen to. Symphony X. I dig 'em. Nice orchestral / shredding prog metal. Michael Romeo is awesome. I've update the Music Counter. With the last DVD of MP3s I surpassed the 25,000 song barrier. I'm just shy of the 1600 hr mark as well.

=-=-=-=-=-

The wife and I (and the kids) went to church last Sunday. It was nice. We'll likely go again. We've been (sort of) looking for a church nearby that we could go to and feel comfortable. We tried the Westerville United Methodist but parking there was attrocious and we just never felt comfortable there. The Indian Run Methodist Church in Dublin is very nice. The traditional service (which I prefer) is pretty much like what I grew up with. I was concerned with feeling confortable there since, well... c'mon... it's Dublin. I was concerned about it being all hoity-toity and people overly dressed up to show off their latest duds (I've been to churches that were that way), but to my delight people dressed... normal. Some in suits and ties, but also a fair amount of people in just normal clothes, which I think is good.

=-=-=-=-

We had Sloppy Joes last night for the first time in several years. It was TAAASSSTTYY! Me loves me some Sloppy Joes. Easy to make and oohhhhhh so good.

=-=-=-=-

Lil N is talking alot more these days. She's so darn cute especially when she'll just walk up to me and say "Daddy, what doing?" Hee hee hee. Too damn cute.

=-=-=-=-

Our street is a giant sheet of ice. There was so much snow on the street that when it got all warm and SHOULD have melted it all, it instead got all mushy and then turned into what is now a shiny sheet of ice. It sucks. I look forward to the warmer weather next week. (It is next week, right?)

=-=-=-=-

I'm on Facebook. It's so weird. It confuses me 85% of the time. ... And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: