Thursday, September 20, 2001

Well, we had a practice tonight ... sort of. MCB showed up around 6:30ish. We talked about old horror movies and shit. I enjoy that 'cause I like horror movies, but I haven't honestly seen many of them and MCB tells me about all these movies that would be really cool to watch. Maybe I'll see some of them the next time DC has a movie night. Ian showed up around 7ish and said the traffic EVERYWHERE sucked... 315, 270, Riverside, EVERYWHERE. After goofing off for a few minutes we headed to the basement... and continued to goof off. I don't think any of us were really inspired tonight. We just weren't 'on'. We goofed around with some odd time sigs; mostly 7/4. Best part of the practice that yeilded any listenable content was when Ian joked about doing a 7/4 rhythm we were goofing off with in swing time. And we did... and I have to admit it was fun. We then did a slower version of a new song and after not being able to determine what song we wanted to do next, we quit. We went back upstairs and listened to side 1 of Blizzard Of Ozz. By 8:15pm, Ian and MCB were gone. Gourley was nowhere to be found.

I called Todd and by 8:30pm was out the door. I stopped by Fazoli's before getting to Todd's house and picked up 12 breadsticks and a Mr. Pibb. Man, those breadsticks are the shit. At Todd's house I aquired some more sought after K-Tel albums that Todd, king of the thrift stores, has been procuring for me for the past few weeks. I was pleasantly surprised to find he had one of the first K-Tel albums I had about a long time ago "Stars". This wonderful compilation put together such great hits as Al Stewart's "Year Of The Cat", "The Things We Do For Love" by 10cc, "Rich Girl" by Hall and Oates, mary MacGregor's "Torn Between To Lovers", "I'm Your Boogie Man" by KC and the Sunshine Band and (snicker) "Hard Luck Woman" by Kiss. In all I got about 10 K-tel albums from Todd. He's the dude! We sat and listened to crackly ol' vinyl records by Stevie Nicks, Bob Segar and Billy Joel. Oh yeah, and some bluegrass band, but I forget the name of that group. To finish off the night, we watched a little bit of a Bugs Bunny marathon that Todd had taped years ago from local channel 4. It was on from like 2am to 6am. Who the hell (besides Cartoon Network), puts Bugs Bunny on after midnight... a damn marathon even!!! Strange.

The record show is on Saturday!!! The record show is on Saturday!!! The record show is on Saturday!!! The record show is on Saturday!!! The record show is on Saturday!!! The record show is on Saturday!!! The record show is on Saturday!!! The record show is on Saturday!!!

I'm a bit excited. Excuse me.

:D




No comments: